Thursday 31 October 2013

Boots No.17 range light 'On the Spot' Foundation Review!

Boots No.17 range 'On the Spot' Foundation

I got three Number 17 products for £10 at Boots (Week commencing 28th October 2013), all skin products, saving £7.

Colour: light *I am 150 buff Revlon Colorstay*
Applied 1.5 pumps with Real Techniques stippling brush. Dries quickly, need to blend fast.
My skin type: Oily t zone, few blemishes, pale yellow toned skin
Packaging-Sleek, reminds me of Stila products, pump foundation.

Colour match? 
  • Not fantastic so mixing it with Colorstay.
  • Also not happy with the spf which has the obvious undesired effect of  causing ghost face in photos. Definitely not a foundation for evening events! Unless of course it's Halloween!
  • Not a big range of colours, would like a more yellow toned foundation in the range but I doubt this will happen.
  • SPF just really isn't necessary in all foundations, let me put my own SPF on before hand it if I want to on my own. Otherwise it is a nightmare having to buy different foundations for day and night to avoid a ghost face with flash photography. Nightmare! Just wonder when cosmetic houses are going to actually do something about that.


Coverage and application?  
  • Not impressed with the coverage on it's own but I do love the finish over Revlon Colorstay, it's  a bit dewy so a bit more alive and smooth looking on the face.
  •  I've got a few blemishes so it doesn't cover these alone. 
  • It's fast drying so you need to work fast if using alone, otherwise if mixed it can be applied at a normal pace.
  • I used a Real Tecniques stippling brush, not the larger one. I also had to use my fingers to smooth is out in part

Lasting? 
  • Again, not really long lasting even after powdering my t zone, I'd give this maybe 4-5 hours on my oily skin before redness shows through and oily skin makes an appearance. 
  • Could be the heating at work causing this or it could be not suitable for my oily skin. 

Price?
  •  With the 3 for £10 deal at boots, this worked out at £3.50 instead of the usual £6.99. Worth it just to see what all of the 'hype' was all about and it might just work for you.

Blemish fighting?

  • I've been using it for a few days now so I can't say if it has made any difference, I have a few blemishes now but I can't be sure if this alone has been caused by this foundation.
Overall, give it a go, it's cheap and cheerful, colours aren't great so that is a big downsize. Less grey, less white and less orange foundations please, I need a bit of yellow! And I'm blonde and pale!

No comments:

Post a Comment