Monday 19 November 2012

Oxford sightseeing/Marks and Spencer's luxe delights

Good evening all!

I have decided to bring my blog to life again as I actually have always loved to write my thoughts down and hopefully this will be of some interest to you, I really do love reading a good blog and finding out about new products, places, seeing photos and hearing about such a variety of people's experiences!

Well it looks like winter is here to stay. I do love a beautiful sunny winters day where the air is so crisp and fresh. Luckily the past couple of Sunday's have been absolutely stunning here so I have taken full advantage of it by getting out and about and being a bit of a tourist around the beautiful city of Oxford. It's nice to see places in a different light and really appreciate the weekend as being a time to recharge my batteries after a hectic week in the office.

After a wonderful day walking around the sights, I felt a treat was in order even after a lovely Irish pub lunch. So I popped into M&S and hunted down their new and absolutely divine Ultimate Praline Ganache Tart which is always always usually sold out. It really is delicious and I will definitely be serving it up at dinner parties. It even has glitter dusting over the tart which is an added delight and it's rich but not sickly rich like a Chocolate Tart, so good you will want a second slice. I served it with M&S custard, a perfect combination for comforting food on a chilly Sunday night. 


Speaking of M&S which happens to be my favourite store for food, I have become a fan of their gorgeous new Beauty Hall which is bright and airy and well so modern that you think you are in duty free at Heathrow and well me let lose in such a familiar space is dangerous to my bank balance!  So I popped in a few weeks ago to my local store during late night shopping to discover this awesome Beauty Hall and I was so pleasantly surprised that they are stocking such wonderful brands especially French skin care which you cannot get hold of in the bigger cosmetic stores like Boots and Debenhams. I shall definitely be popping there to see what delights I can pick up for luxury Christmas presents such as face masks, facial oils and delightful fragrances. Also a big thumbs up for the lovely staff in the M&S Beauty Hall. Glad to see M&S are moving with the times! I definitely recommend you check to see whether your local store has done such an upgrade with the range that they offer in cosmetics and toiletries. If you have already and have anything to recommend then please let me know.

I hope you have a great start to the week.

Until next time!

x




No comments:

Post a Comment